Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Good Samaridog

Occasionally I entertain a guest blogger here at the Avery Dog Blog. Today's guest blogger is Gracie, my second cousin once removed. Well, it's actually her person, Aunt Lynne. Here's what happened:

On Wednesday night around 7PM, when it was cold and icy outside, our dog Gracie was doing something she had never done before. She didn’t come in when she was called. She was whimpering at the end of the sidewalk and looking down the street. Curious, her master opened the garage door to find a neighbor in a wheelchair stuck at the end of his driveway. Quickly the neighbor was returned to his house, safe and sound and out of harm’s way. Gracie was quoted as saying, “I did what any dog would have done. I knew something was not right and fortunately my master looked and took care of the situation.” Without Gracie’s vigilance, who knows what could have happened!!…Good girl, Gracie!

No comments: