Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving update

When last we spoke, there was a turkey thawing in the bathtub. Here's what has transpired since. After the turkey thawed, Michael and Beth made some brine. The brine needed to be cooled...so they stole some of my ice. Can anyone say convective heat transfer?Then in went the turkey...along with a bunch more ice.Then the turkey was covered and spent the night in the garage.Thanksgiving morning was cooking time! The turkey was outfitted with a thermometer and some aluminum foil. I think the aluminum foil was used to keep the aliens away. Michael kept a close eye on the roasting process.And I took a nap on my chair.
Then it was time to make the stuffing! I helped by cleaning up anything that fell on the floor.And Michael kept an eye on the stuffing while it was cooking.After a long day of cooking, we were ready to feast. I, of course, ate dog food. But Michael and Beth enjoyed some green bean casserole, sweet potatoes with streusel, the stuffing, the turkey, and some pumpkin pie.

No comments: